I am in shock that my birthday is only three days away. 31. When did that happen?!? Oh ya, while I was busy planning weddings and making babies! Time really does fly by!
I had ambitions of accomplishing a list of 30 things while I was 30. Well, half way through that year of being 30 – we got pregnant. So, a lot of these things went on the back burner. I thought I’d do a final recap of the list to see the overall progress.
1. Finish my “in progress” knitting projects: This definitely did not happen. I did go through about a whole laundry basket of half finished things and pull them apart. There are still a few outstanding projects laying around.
2. Create a family year book: This one I did not get to. I actually did find a digital photo book site that I LOVE called MixBook.com. I went through several sites comparing their software and available templates and customizing options – along with price, and this site was by far my favorite. I didn’t get to the year book yet – but I did a book of newborn pictures of my son, and our wedding album! Our wedding album took me weeks of lunch breaks to complete. I’m very excited to start doing Year Books now though!
3. Owen’s baby book: Yes and no. I did the above mentioned mixbook of his new born photos. I also filled out a lot of his “baby book” pages, just haven’t added pictures to it yet.
4. Create a sugar flower for a cake: I can’t believe I still haven’t done this one! I did however finally try out my “The Mat” for rolling fondant. I also impressed myself a few weeks ago making a fondant coffee mug surrounded by fondant coffee beans on a 15″ cake!
5. Drop my weight by 5lbs. - BWAHAHAHA – nope. ;)
6. Save another $5k for my house fund: House fund is now replaced by baby money.
7. Do five unexpected random acts of kindness for friends: This was a difficult goal for me to keep track of. I didn’t want to feel like I was being nice because I had to because of my goal, or whatever. I did deliver some surprise baked goods. I think in future goal lists stuff like this will stay off so I can just be nice for the sake of being nice!
8. Repaint/mini redecorate the master bedroom: Currently in progress! We have the ceiling (popcorn) scraped and ready for new texture. Then we’ll paint it and paint the walls and move back in. For my birthday last weekend I got a new duvet set, so we’re on our way!
9. Take Owen to the zoo: This is happening on Saturday for my birthday!
10. Have a “kidless” weekend getaway with my husband: This one didn’t happen. With the new baby on the way we got a little distracted. Though, it might have to happen before she actually comes!
11. No more pop! - This was going great until I got pregnant! Now it’s all I want! I’ve managed to keep it to one a day on weekdays if I have one at all. Once she is born, this will be back on track!
12. Get movin’, walk, run or bike a total of 300 miles. - I tracked 97.26 miles in the year. The three days before I found out I was pregnant were great, I Did 3.5, then 4, then just over 5 miles each day. Then I slept for three months. haha. I’m going to make a new goal for next year. Hopefully get my fit bit, and get my 10,000 steps a day in!
13. Get a massage/facial once a month - I’ve had one since I found out I was pregnant. Although, I will be scheduling a birthday one for this weekend!
14. Take Owen to the beach - Done! I can’t wait for more beach days this summer too!
15. Clean and organize the office/guest room - Well, the short story is there is no more office/guest room! It’s now officially Owen’s big boy room. We did the ceiling, repainted, added molding and baseboards, updated the light fixture and moved in all his stuff including his new big boy bed! We donated/gifted/and trashed a lot of stuff over the last couple months.
16. Take a “art” class. (baking, decorating, photography, anything!): Over the last year, I’ve done 3 paint and sip classes! The final one being my favorite is hanging in the baby’s nursery.
17. Write a business plan: This also took a back burner as I had to focus on other things and our changing lives!
18. Shoot a gun: Took care of this one on our trip to Arizona last November.
19. Teach Owen to swim: We’ll be signing up for swim lessons for this summer!
20. Donate 12 boxes/bags of things to goodwill. - Two more BIG bags and a box full of stuff went off to Goodwill in September, which officially completes this goal!
21. Take Owen to The Playdate Cafe with a friend
22. Take Owen to KidsQuest with a friend: We didn’t make it to this particular location, but we did check out another local children’s museum
23. Figure out “Freezer Cooking” So rather than wear myself out doing a full day of prepping dozens of meals, I found a new great way that works for me. I found some smaller pyrex freezer to oven dishes. When I cook meals, I cook half that night, and freeze the other portion, sometimes even two portions! When I make burgers, I buy the family pack of ground beef and prep it all into patties. Then freeze three in a bag together.
24. Continue Owen’s monthly pictures. Figure out a back drop for standing shots - This definitely didn’t work. A walking/running/squirmy toddler made that decision, haha.
25. Go on a hike with a view -
26. Do a family picture in a photo booth: Forgot about this goal – maybe they’ll have a photobooth at the zoo!
27. Go sailing with my family: The boat is going away! And we never got a final sailing trip!
28. Organize all my knitting patterns into one note book: This was off to a fabulous start, will complete it once our remodel is done!
29. Not buy any greeting cards - Did pretty good on this all year until we got to mothers and fathers day. With our house in chaos and all my things difficult to get to, I had to cave and buy a couple.
30. Be more positive
(31. bonus – make this list cute with something off my FREEBIES board!