1. Finish my “in progress” knitting projects - In June I unraveled those that I knew I wouldn’t finish. July I started 2 new projects. I know I know. But, they are for baby gifts. At least I’m busting through some of my yarn stash!
3. Owen’s baby book - I’ve been thinking more and more about this. The more organized the house gets, the closer I get to actually starting, lol
4. Create a sugar flower for a cake - I did a few fondant cut out flowers for my bone cake, but not the kind of flowers I really had in mind for my goal.
5. Drop my weight by 5lbs. - I haven’t done any work on this. I had a pretty bad cold that gave my abs a nice little workout. And Owen banged on the scale and now it doesn’t read right, so it looks like I’ve dropped 25 lbs, but no actual idea.
6. Save another $5k for my house fund - This is going to be a tough one. We’re still learning how to manage our money together even after 6 years of living together. And – Kids are expensive. I’m hoping that at some point in the year I’m able to focus again on this goal.
7. Do five unexpected random acts of kindness for friends - I keep forgetting about this goal! Which is kinda sad, but kind of inspiring to keep it!
8. Repaint/mini redecorate the master bedroom - Did I mention having a kid is time consuming and expensive?! I’d be happy if I just got it “perfectly” clean for a day.
9. Take Owen to the zoo - This is tentatively on the calendar for the end of the August!!
10. Have a “kidless” weekend getaway with my husband - I think we’re still a ways out from a full weekend. But, I’ve got a first night possibly planned!
11. No more pop! - Woohoo! My last soda was 6/2 and I’m still going strong!
12. Get movin’, walk, run or bike a total of 300 miles. - Ready for some excuses? July was the best summer month that the Seattle area has seen in a long time! We literally had a full month without rain. AND it was 80+ pretty much every day. I only managed to get in 4.78 recorded miles. That brings me to a total of 25.37 recorded. 8.4% of my goal.
13. Get a massage/facial once a month - FAIL. I seriously NEED to do this. They’re paid for and waiting for me.
Take Owen to the beach - First item crossed off!! We actually went THREE times in July!
15. Clean and organize the office/guest room - This is slowly but surely coming along! I’m at the point that I could actually facilitate a last minute guest!
16. Take a “art” class. (baking, decorating, photography, anything!) - nothing yet
17. Write a business plan - I actually hopped on the small business site for WA state, did some reading, and started their template plan!
18. Shoot a gun - nothing yet.
19. Teach Owen to swim - a few dips in a few lakes, but no actual swimming yet.
20. Donate 12 boxes/bags of things to goodwill. - Between June and July there were 8 boxes. (How did we accumulate so much crap?!)
21. Take Owen to The Playdate Cafe with a friend
- not yet! As soon as he’s walking I think I’ll be ready for this
22. Take Owen to KidsQuest with a friend - again, when walking
23. Figure out “Freezer Cooking” - I did one big batch and it was a success! We’re still eating the results. I’m not going to cross this off until I have a few more successful cooking sessions.
24. Continue Owen’s monthly pictures. Figure out a back drop for standing shots - Took his July picture! I still need to edit months 3-10 though.
25. Go on a hike with a view - None in July, but we have one planned in August!
26. Do a family picture in a photo booth - nothing yet
27. Go sailing with my family - Nothing yet, and with them heading back to AZ for the winter and the boat being on the market, I’d better get moving on this one!
28. Organize all my knitting patterns into one note book - Got a notebook, and grabbed every pattern I could see without digging. punched holes, Put em’ in the book.
29. Not buy any greeting cards - Bought none in July!
30. Be more positive - This goes up and down. It’s really hard when you’re constantly not getting enough sleep/alone time/exercise/proper nutrition. But, I just try to remember not to get too stressed out with what I can’t accomplish, and focus positively on the things I am accomplishing!
(31. bonus – make this list cute with something off my FREEBIES board!